diver.net

Malibu Campout Reminder

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on September 27, 2005 at 14:35:58:

Everyone,

Just a reminder about the Malibu Campout and Dive Party -- it's less that two weeks away, (Oct. 7-9)!!

There are a whole bunch of fun people heading down from Northern California. I'm not sure which they like more -- diving, cooking and eating great food, or drinking ... they do lots of each and they do it all well :-)

Some of them are bringing down some abs to cook up on Friday, so if you want to try some, you'd better get there early!

We are planning to start the weekend off with some lobster diving on Friday night, possibly somewhere around PV. On Saturday, we'll try to get out to Pt. Dume if conditions are good (kayaks welcome) and then hit some more fun spots around Malibu. There'll be more opportunities to dive on Sunday if anyone wants to (depending on how late the party goes on Saturday I guess!)

Speaking of Saturday night, it's going to be a mega lobster feast! I'm planning to bring a bunch of bugs with me, and I'm sure everyone who goes hunting will contribute a few to the community pot. The Nor Cal chefs will be on hand to cook up some fantastic creations, but please bring your own favorite dishes and recipes and contribute something to the feast. If you don't cook, then please stop by a deli and bring something pre-made.

Also remember to bring a few camp chairs and some liquid refreshment of your choice. As in grade school, bring enough to share :-)

If you are planning to spend the night, please don't forget to make a reservation at the campsite -- www.maliburv.com or (800) 622-6052. Reference my reservation number (A133957) and ask for a spot with the "camp-and-dive group."

It's a really nice campsite on a bluff overlooking Corral Beach with great views of the ocean, Catalina etc. There is an on-site mini market and a bathroom building with free hot showers etc. Unfortunately, because of the fire danger, they don't allow wood fires, but there are BBQ grills and I'm thinking of bringing a faux propane campfire for effect.

If you have any questions, email me at jondavies @ earthlink.net.

Let me know if you're planning to show up, so I have an idea of how many people to expect.

Cheers!

Jon

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to