diver.net

we need volunteers for the next one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lobsterdon on September 30, 2005 at 19:26:43:

In Reply to: Red tide - dead fish! posted by jlyle on September 30, 2005 at 07:08:08:

I was the coordinator for the clean up. It was 90% a volunteer effort with help from city to haul away the fish dumpsters and the marinas to clean docks and scoop fish. The volunters were primarily from the Redondo Beach Boaters Association. We scooped 6.3 TONS (as of Thursday) of mostly sardines from the marina. This weeks Easy Reader has an article about it. The RBBA general meeting is comming up and I will give a slide show on the effort. This is the second die off this year. We are getting ready for another one. If any one on this board wants to volunteer to be involved, e-mail me or reply to this post with your info and I'll contact you. You will learn a lot about marine life and have some fun. We believe we have avoided a major mess (remember the scum in the marina July 4th) and the marina water will recover much faster. We may even have saved some fish. The event is not over yet, should have more results in a week or so.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to