diver.net

This sucks!!!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on October 01, 2005 at 09:42:02:

About three and a half weeks ago my body started going numb for no reason. I go into Kaiser and they tell me I have a bad back and send me home.
The next day I wake up and more of my body is being taken over to the point where I'm having trouble using my arms and can't feel my hands. I get my wife to get me to Kaisers emergency (big mistake).
They do another MRI of my spine and tell me that I have a bad back and send me home.
Next day it's even worse now with my entire torso involved. I get an appointment with neurologist and he tells me there's nothing wrong with my back. Back in the tube I go for pictures of my neck and brain. Low and behold there's a spot on my spinal cord right at the base of the brain and that's what causing all my grief. They don't think it's a tumor because of the way it came on and other reasons, so they chalked it up as a demyelenation of the nerves or transverse myelitis, meaning the myelin insulation sheath around each nerve fiber is eaten away for some reason. They sent me home and said "well, let's wait and see what happens". They never did any blood work until I did reaserch on my own and demanded that a full panel screening be done. This is insane!!!

So unfortunately diving is a physical impossibility for me right now and I can't make it to Malibu. I just vhope this will heal and I get back some of what I lost.

This SUCKS!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.