diver.net

I knew someone was going to say that

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on October 07, 2005 at 08:04:19:

In Reply to: Re: Bugzilla Trip Report Teaser posted by Concerned lobster diver on October 07, 2005 at 01:29:16:

It was a two day trip. I was on the boat and I don't hunt lobsters so talke 14 possibles off for me. We were out in tough conditions. Our first night of travel to Cruz was bam slam rock and roll. I made a trip up to the bathroom, looked out the galley onto the deck, and decided not to let go of the doorway - a trip out to check the camera gear would have been a really stupid thing.

It was calmer on the back side of Cruz but some dive sites at Rosa had surge, 20 foot visibility, wind and current. Kuddos to the Sea Divers for being a hearty group that can dive in advanced conditions. It is one of the reasons that I love this group. I have become a better diver hanging with them.

Several people got their limits. They said that they had to work for their lobsters it wasn't easy pickings.
Several people were near their limits. On some dives they would come up with several, and, on some dives they came up empty handed. That is what "hunting" is about right? Different than a trip to the supermarket.

Several people were newer lobster hunters who wanted the experience of being out for two days with a single focus. Most of them got a few.

One person was taking scallops instead of lobsters.

There was the opportunity for seven dives the first day and I think four dives on the second day. Some people only did three dives or less a day.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to