diver.net

Re: Malibu Campout Report!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on October 10, 2005 at 17:42:01:

In Reply to: Malibu Campout Report! posted by Jon on October 10, 2005 at 16:27:38:

A big THANK YOU goes out to Jon & Rosy for setting this up. Beth & I had a great time and judging from the perpetual smiles stretched across the 20 or so faces in the party, everyone else did too!

The food was amazing. I felt sorry for those poor campers "roughing it" in the tents near us as we completely covered two picnic tables and a 4' round table with food. We had 2 charcoal grills, my big Weber grill, and at least 2 camp stoves going for hours. The first grills fired up before 6PM and food was still coming off after 9:30PM. I'll try to make a list of what I remember seeing but please, please fill in any gaps since I was pretty narced that night :-)

- Ross-O's steamed lobsters
- Jon's grilled lobsters
- Ross-O's grilled steaks
- Beth's black-eye pea salad
- Ross-O's grilled veggies
- potato salad
- Costco caesar salad & home-made caesar salad
- John's amazing Risotto w/ shrimp, lobster, & mussels
- Yukiko's pound cake (just like the one's my grandma makes!)
- Markus's pork ribs
- Maciek's pork ribs
- sauteed shrimp (part of John's risotto?)
- sauteed mussels (part of John's risotto?)
- fresh fried abalone
- Claudia's smores

As far as the beverages go, I completely lost track :-) I added a few pitchers of margaritas to the mix, there was plenty of beer, 3 or 4 different types of wine, and bottle of Jack Daniels was passed around as a toast to Eric Sedletzky. Eric would have been proud - it made several rounds around the campfire, and the last time I saw it we had pretty much finished it off. There was a bottle of Jager making the rounds and there was a lot of talk about Irish Car Bombs. I've seen the effects of such bombs on more seasoned drinkers than myself so I avoided that one and went back the wine instead.

The crisp air around the campfire, the stars, and the loud crashing waves provided an ideal setting to make new friends and plan new adventures. I look forward to many more times like this!

Cheers,
Ross-O
---
Ross & Beth Overstreet
Torrance, CA
www.diver.net/ross

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL: