diver.net

Web site with marine life images and information

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr. Bill on October 11, 2005 at 13:12:11:

For those of you who do not already know me and my web site, I thought I'd mention that it is a good source for still images of marine life as well as information about the different species you might find here in SoCal.

The still images (320x240) may be used for non-profit educational purposes such as school reports, lectures, etc. as long as a photo credit is given (Copyright 2005 Dr. Bill Bushing). You do not need to request specific permission. Dive instructors and other professionals may obtain permission to use them in classes, etc., by writing me at my e-mail address.

I write a weekly newspaper column for a local Catalina paper and archive that column on my website with full color images. This column has attracted a number of regular readers (both divers and non-divers) because it is informative, humorous and often deals with the primary activities of any species... munching and mating (sex!). It also documents my own disasterous love life.

I've had a local cable TV show on marine life and diving for about 4 years now, but this is only watchable if you visit Catalina and have our local cable service in your hotel or other room.

I've been living on and diving Catalina off-and-on for the last 36 years.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to