diver.net

Re: Setting the Record straight about the Great Escape

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T. G. on October 14, 2005 at 20:09:21:

In Reply to: Setting the Record straight about the Great Escape posted by Erik Wade on October 14, 2005 at 16:50:09:

I also have found in numerous occassions the great escape has been reluctant to even try to go anywhere other than catalina. I was over at fransworth bank that very weekend on a 35' boat, and it seems alot of people found very different conditions in such a small area. All the people aboard this smaller vessel had an extremely good time. A couple of 4 foot rollers every 20 minutes or so is hardly what I'd call rough. But to each his own.
Plain and simple people, dive the sundiver or peace. Straight up honorable captains that will address everyone that the trip will not being going as planned. Also just a note, and read into it what you will, but it is kinda funny that the great escape is up for sale and tim fails to get to the outter islands. Some peeps will defend tim to the grave I commend your loyality to him but the time has come to really ask yourself. Was it REALLY bad conditions or was it just the captain is fed up with being a customer friendly charter captain? Make your own assumptions. I totally side with Eric and can believe this happening because it has happened to me several times.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to