diver.net

Re: Re: Setting the Record straight about the Great Escape

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Erik Wade on October 15, 2005 at 15:47:40:

In Reply to: Re: Setting the Record straight about the Great Escape posted by cajan on October 14, 2005 at 18:57:52:

I appreciate the input that you posted regarding my experience. I know that there are very likely hundreds of people out there who at some point have had a great time aboard the GE. It is also unfortunate that divers don't normally post good news but feel inclined to post anything bad. My intention was not to attack anyone nor mock the GE. Simply put, I heard too many rumors about this particular boat trip from many divers I know personally or in just passing at some dive shops. As you might realize, I had not posted anything about that day, the captain, or the boat prior to this post nor have I given it much more than a passing thought after getting my tank refilled.

My comment about the crew having changed the filter was prior to the boat leaving dock, not after I brought the taste and smell to their attention. The reference I made was actually after speaking to the Deckhand and Divemaster, they said that they had recently changed the filter and that was likely the smell or taste. I apologize if my original post wasn't clear in that regards. To my knowledge, nothing was done to check, test, or correct the air after the complaints were made.

With regards to the belief that I posted the original message because I am bitter or didn't get my money back, sorry, but that is not true. The post was to correct many of the rumors I have been hearing from people not even on the Great Escape that day. If you reread my post, you will notice that I refrained from making any claims that I didn't experience first hand. I spoke of others experiencing the same issues I had only because I walked up and asked them, as well, I was standing next to a young lady when she complained about the air and I joined in.

As much as I may appreciate hearing about another divers experience, I prefer to hear it first hand rather than, "I heard about this guys brothers sisters boyfriends aunts daughter who was dating a blind mute who said he swore he saw a sea monster...". Though I won't dispute the claim, there might be more to it than just the dive conditions, like he had a crack in his O ring but blamed it on the conditions? Whatever the case, thank you for responding about your own experiences and I hope I helped clear up any misunderstandings so that no one takes my post as just me wanting to vent or the misbelief that the crew made any attempt to reach the destination or fix the air issue because neither happened.

Thanks again for the response, and maybe I will see you out at Farnsworth on the next boat that makes it out there.

Erik

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.