diver.net

Progress report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on October 15, 2005 at 21:58:30:

I'm getting better!
The numbness has pretty much completely cleared up in my legs and feet. No more feeling like I'm walking on frozen feet that I cant feel, and that "wadded up sock " feeling on the bottom of my right foot is gone.
90% of the feeling is back in my abdomen and I can actually feel my stomach and lower chest touching the bed at night. No more feeling like I'm floating in space.
My hands are still not completely there. I'm having a hell of a time with them. I can use tools though and type again (kind of) but trying to do fine dexterity skills like start small screws and nuts is very frustrating, I drop half the stuff.
Monday I'm going to attempt to get under a boat and resume my commercial work. I need to change out some zincs. Two of them are in front of dual props on Volvo Penta outdrives. I will build a special part catching screen that hangs down below the work area in case 'ol fumble fingers starts dropping stuff. No finding it in that mud on the harbor bottom.
The vis has been good in the harbor lately. I can see all the way to the bottom of the pilings. There is also a little 3" abalone living on the side of the dock right behind the NOAA boat and scallops growing on another dock opposite the slip. Actually there is all kinds of stuff growing on everything in that harbor. It would be a good place to take macro pictures.

The swells are huge up here now.
Check it out.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to