diver.net

Re: What type of cheese with that whine?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Erik Wade on October 16, 2005 at 22:02:09:

In Reply to: What type of cheese with that whine? posted by Walt on October 16, 2005 at 16:05:30:

I'm glad to see you made it to your destinations after all. I am also thrilled and would love to find out more about Cortez Banks as I haven't made it there myself.

Please feel free to speak your mind...as long as you know what you are talking about. To date, the only time I have ever come aboard a boat with a tank not filled was this time. I really don't have a problem with paying, just the logic with what the deckhand says. If you don't feel that it sounded strange that he would fill 6 people for free or less and charge that is your prerogative. I would have little problem in paying and specifically had money in hand to pay before the deckhand made his comment. I was amused that you felt it necessary to comment on what is "only right" and thank you for piecing that together for me...up to this point I was under the impression everything in life was free.

With regards to your remarks about water in a tank, again, thanks but there was none in mine before the charter or after. When I brought the tank in to have it refilled, it was checked and there was no sign of water, rust, or any contaminants, nice to hear your educated and well composed story though. Thanks again for your input.

Regarding the comment about Tim wouldn't know unless I told him, true...except that I told most of the people that worked for him. I would have expected that part of their job is to alert the captain to any issues...or am I wrong in that too? By all means when I divemaster a boat, it would seem necessary...but apparently in your eyes, telling the deckhand and the divemaster is pointless and I should tell Tim directly. I should have know that only Tim can solve the problem and the others who work for him are simply useless window dressing. Well, if I ever get daring enough to take the GE again and experience issues, I will be sure to bypass the useless people working for Tim and go to the man himself.

As well, next time I feel like being analyzed by a jail house shrink, I will be sure to give you a call as you apparently know everything. I do look forward to learning more about what you deem right and wrong and anxiously await your diagnosis. Oh, I didn't make any complaints, I didn't even speak of it until someone confronted me with incorrect information based on "Facts" they got on this message board. It was for this reason I posted here in the first place, simply to correct the false info.

Thanks again for speaking about things you don't know though...makes you a very important man in my book.

Erik

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.