diver.net

A concrete sign of Tim's effort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on October 18, 2005 at 00:15:59:

In Reply to: Setting the Record straight about the Great Escape posted by Erik Wade on October 14, 2005 at 16:50:09:

there are concrete signs that Tim gives a damn about his passengers and is not some bum always making runs to catalina. Just take a look at all the additions he's done. Compare it to the Encore, the boat's newer sister. Tim has added the best camera table I know of in California; hot chafing dishes for food on the middle cabinets; shelf storage around the bunks (another thing I've never seen on any other local boat, diving or fishing); good toilets and paper holders; reusable coffee cups (again, practically unique and environmentally conscious); and many little touches I'm sure I'm missing. I can remember being in the head once, brushing my teeth, and thinking, sure would be nice to have a dixie cup dispenser here, and I looked up and there it was.

Tim and his crew handle cameras well; plenty of hands on the deck during diver ops, ropes at every gate, and plenty of rinse tanks. I haven't dove the boat much this year, I admit, but last year, the deck hands were great, always right there.

Anybody who puts this much thought into passenger creature comforts obviously gives a damn about doing his best for his customers and is high on my list to dive with. The GE is my favorite boat south of ventura (and north of warm water). I'm willing to give Tim the benefit of the that he had good data on the weather.

Come to think of it, the only trip on the GE I made this year was supposed to go to Farnsworth and didn't. It went to Italian Gardens and some other frontside spots, exactly where I had dove the week prior. I never gave it a second thought, and had a great time.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to