diver.net

Dive report; Marineland

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on October 22, 2005 at 18:34:48:

Date:October 22nd, 2005
Dive Location:Marineland
Time: 9:13, 11:30 and 2:05
Bottom Time: 1:16, 1:25 and 1:21
Max Depth: 61, 67 and 60'
Vis: 35'+ in places
Wave heightUh...no. nada...zilch
Temp at depth: 59-63F
Gas mix: Air (21%)
Comments: Dive one was Jeff Shaw's 100th. He picked a great day for it. Best conditions I've seen at Marineland this year. Lake Pacific was so flat today that I entered from the point on each of my first two dives, and Jeff and his lovely wife Sue entered and exited there. Sue has bum knees and was able to get out with no problem. The vis was at least 30-35 feet over the main reef and out over the sand. Batrays, lots of friendly fish and nudis were everywhere. I was able to demonstrate my Lobster Whisperer technique for Jeff. :) I enticed one to come out of his hole and shake hands. How do you do, Mr. Bug.
I tried to reset the line out to the platform, but the combination of my spool and wreck reel was not enough line. I'll have to try again later. It was a great day for diving my favorite site, although some Sunlight would have been nice. It drizzled all day. That's alright. The dive conditions more than made up for the cloudy sky.
Anemones even seem more colorful today.

Laila cockerelli

Hydroid?

Triopha catalinae

Hopkin's Rose. I saw about a dozen on dive #2

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black