diver.net

Nate the enslaved sheep

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on October 30, 2005 at 08:50:00:

In Reply to: Why don't you cry about it? posted by Nate D on October 30, 2005 at 01:24:42:

You clearly do not value your liberties, because you seem to be of the opinion that just because you are not violating any law, you have no issues with having your liberties removed by beign searched.

I value the liberties I have that are self executing that are not granted by virtue of but referenced by the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments to our Constitution.

Our founding fathers referenced our inalienable right to keep and bear arms individually and as a whole amongst other reaons so the citizenry has the firepower to overthrow a goverment that would violate our liberties.

Nate, you remind me of a person who would have no problem being pulled over with your family in the car and having yoru wife stripped searched and body cavity searched for contraband at a routine checkpoint, and you would probably agree to sit on the back of the bus if the law required you to do so because you are willing to give up your liberties at the drop of a pin.

Thank goodness people like Rosa Parks had more spine than you do. You would be the guy that quietly goes along with diving being taxed. Unlike you, I do not renounce my liberties nor to I quietly aquiesce to becoming a slave. Where it conflicts with my rights, I disobey the goverment at all times. That is my duty.

Apparently you need a little history refresher course:

"Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it... The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it."-Woodrow Wilson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

"To renounce liberty is to renounce being a man, to surrender the rights of humanity and even its duties" -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"Any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave"-H.L. Mencken

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good.- "Mohandas Gandhi"

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the Atmosphere."- Thomas Jefferson

Now if you think I am a rebel because I refuse to give up my rights, I have this to say:

"The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty -- and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies"- H.L. Mencken

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to