diver.net

Re: DFG topci started by Elaine sure is popular!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by george austin on November 04, 2005 at 17:34:13:

In Reply to: DFG topci started by Elaine sure is popular! posted by Dave on November 04, 2005 at 15:47:42:

Here are the two things about that thread that just BLEW ME AWAY: 1. Those wise old sages from the 18th century that founded this Republic are now considered "wacko extremists" - nutty old moldering "white guys" as dead in their graves as their ideas about human rights.
2. The idea that most "divers" would rather have a DFG bootlicker inspect, cite and detain them or their fellows rather than shame the offending parties (poachers) (lobster hoarders) (wannabes)on their own. Its the "Oh, goody, here comes the nanny state to protect us all" modern Americanism.
3. Elaines claptrap about how its only the men that are offended at being boarded by some cute guy in uniform (swoon) - implying that us men are somehow less than the punk kid with a badge and handcuffs. - (ever wonder why women were never considered intellectually fit to vote until the early 20th century?)
4. The haters who continually spewed their nonsensical venom and ad hominem attacks never use a real name or e-mail addy.

Whoops-thats four - and counting - I could go on. I guess Civics isn't taught in Jr High anymore, thats obvious, God I feel old.

Follow Ups:
  • Civics Elaine 08:39:54 11/05/05 (0)

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.