diver.net

Tell more

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Shaw on November 05, 2005 at 10:50:59:

In Reply to: Who makes the best wings? posted by Eric S on November 05, 2005 at 08:44:43:

Eric, do tell more. What is this that you tease us with. Freedom Plate?
-
I Mrs shaw bought me a Diverite Techwing at the Chocolate Lobster Dive.
I was overwhelmed by the generous gift. Kind of funny since I have been eyeing the DIR config. This thing is not DIR. A few tweaks and I could get there, but I thought that I'd dive it for a while, then I can make a true judgment of the differences.

I probably would have gotten a bit more esoteric if I were to choose. I might have bought a deep sea supply rig, or a Hammerhead plate with an Oxycheq wing.
I would like to lean away from Halcyon snobbery, but admit that they are a fine manufacturer.

I am attracted to the DIR gear and skill-set, but some of the other philosophy I will will judge as openmindedly as possible.

She showed the BC to me. Here is an excerpt from inside my head at that moment.

I quiver in anticipation. Heart pounding in excitement as my hands reach out to feel the velvety shape of it's plate. I feel a stirring... my fingertips quiver an they caress the inside of the wing. So long have I yearned to feel this. So ling have I wanted its shape pressed close to my body. Soon, so soon....
The moonlight streamed in the shuttered window shimmering off its fluid feminine shape. This was a special moment. Soon we would be as one. I follow with my fingers down the whole length of the webbing and lightly brushed the D ring as I...

Screeetch.... Sue's voice snaps me back into this world.

"Sweetie" says Sue, "it's for Christmas. I just wanted to see if it is the right one".

Then she waltzes off and hides the box.

Slump...

Sigh...

–Jeff

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full