diver.net

Re: Tell more

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on November 05, 2005 at 17:51:07:

In Reply to: Tell more posted by Jeff Shaw on November 05, 2005 at 10:50:59:

What the freedom plate is is a new ergonomic design that I came up with that is a modernized version of the old back pack.
The way this thing fits you could swim laps in a pool with it on because your shoulder blades have complete freedom of movement. The way the lower part fits the waist is unique also in that it is formed around the body.
It is designed for single tank use only right now but I have a design thought up for a double tank adapter.
It can be used with or without a wing and would be perfect for lobster diving since there is no other plate on the market that gets the tank closer to your body thus drastically reducing drag.
It is the closest thing to freediving with a tank on that you can get.
It is also DIR compliant since production models will be polished stainless steel and have no plastic buckles anywhere.

Hope that answers it.

I am looking for a quality wing that I can set these up with that preferably doesn't have h's or some other brand name plastered all over it, or I may just sell the plate and harness only and let the user worry about the wing. But I thought it would be nice if people could get it with a wing as an option for convenience.
I am not set up to manufacture wings and don't want to be, so that's why I thought it would be easier to outsource that part.
It would be cool if I could get them wholesale and have my name embroidered onto it.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to