diver.net

Second Oxycheq

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WAlt on November 06, 2005 at 12:19:51:

In Reply to: Re: Who makes the best wings? posted by Chris on November 05, 2005 at 12:20:28:

I have Oxycheq and DiveRite as well and like both, though my preference is the Oxycheq. Chris recommended the Oxycheq 18# wing for my hardpack and I'm extremely happy with it, as it provides all the lift I need and is extremely compact and streamlined when not needed. They make other wings in additional lift ranges and offer a 'Siganture' model that looks heavy duty.

My DiveRite uses an elastic cover for compression (some models use a bungee cord). I snagged and tore a small hole in the elastic (a dab of AquaSeal made sure it wouldn't tear further). Does provide some air bladder protection, but the inner bladder always seems to keep a small amount of air trapped (not as bad as a Zeagle).

The 'unibody' Oxycheq doesn't seem to need this - it completely flattens when empty - a nise feature. It doesn't have a shoulder dump, which I like, but by not having it, it eliminates another point of failure, so I've gotten used to it. Its also super easy to rinse and clean as it's a single layer of material.

Both wings are circular, oval shaped which doesn't trap air as you change dive positions - a definite plus.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to