diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the best wings?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Troy on November 07, 2005 at 12:19:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the best wings? posted by Chris on November 06, 2005 at 23:19:45:

Chris,

There are no sticks here and that's uncalled for.

What I was referring to was the fact that you made a recommendation without any supporting reason or evidence as to why you preferred them, which you eventually did in your reply to me. In addition, I brought up Halcyon for a very good reason, it seems as though you and others often mention Halcyon only in the negative, whether warranted or not, or intentionally avoid any reference to Halcyon or other DIR "recommended gear, specifically because of your perceived dislike of MHK and other prominent DIR proponents.

As you know, I personally dive Halcyon wings, and even though I have several of them, I still primarily dive my original wing from Halcyon that I got in 97 or 98. I have dove that wing in some very extreme dive environments and depths of which most of the divers on this board may never do, and I have never had a puncture or tear of any kind. I did have to replace an inflator hose once because we set something on it when we were packing things back in the SUV.

I have dove the DiveRite and OMS wings, and other wannabee wings, and I still prefer the Halcyon because of what I observed as the ability to resist tears and punctures, the ease of maintenance and repair if needed, the buoyancy characteristics of the wing, etc... Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their recommendation of whatever wing or gear they choose. But people may be more willing to listen to someone’s opinion when it has supporting information.

No harm, no foul...just my opinion.

Troy

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to