diver.net

Re: Re: POLL: Rudest Dive Shops ... my list

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moss Back on November 10, 2005 at 11:36:24:

In Reply to: Re: POLL: Rudest Dive Shops ... my list posted by neptune on November 10, 2005 at 08:26:58:

I have only been in two of them. The ones in Ventura and OC. I've been in each more than once through the years. The one in Ventura had been hit and miss when I went in. The last time they had no desire to help me with my questions on the differences in wet suit linings. They were more interested in talking to a couple a other divers about their upcoming dive holiday plans. For the 2 minutes the goateed guy behind the glass case actually paid me some attention he was rude and condensending. He told me in a back handed way that I obviously don't dive in california regularly and if I had been I should have already known the answer. Huh? I'm probably 25 years older than they guy and been diving just about as long between Santa Barbara and Laguna Beach. That was earlier this summer I haven't been back since. The OC shop has a guy working in there that looks as old as the hills and oozed the I don't care I'm busy mentality. Being the only one in the shop at the time it took me more than a couple minutes to drag him away from the video game or internet he was playing on a computer. Once I was able to get him to fit me for a certain size SP stab jacket and order it for me he couldn't wait to get me out the door so that he could get back to his computer. I know this because I forgot to pick up some mask defog and silicone grease. When I went back to the door and looked in, he was already back on the computer typing away. I didn't want to bother him anymore, so I just ran down to sports chalet and picked them up. I was back in the area on business three weeks later. When I went in to pick up the jacket it was a size smaller than what my order paper said I ordered. He tried to talk me into taking it anyway saying it was just a little small and that if I lost a couple pounds it would fit perfect. I was dobbered when I heard him say that. Obviously I didn't take it. Like the Ventura store I haven't been back since. I hate to say it but if you know what you want sports chalet can be the way to go. Shopping at sports chalet is like shopping at fryes electronics. As long as you know what you want and don't have to ask their sales people questions you will have a reasonable buying experience.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to