Date: November 11, 2005
Dive Location: Jan's Veteran's Day BBQ at Heisler Park
Time: 12:26 and 3:30
Bottom Time: 1:37 and 1:00
Max Depth: 39' and 36'
Vis: 15'+ horizontally and much nicer vertically, at least 30 feet
Wave height: 2-3'
Temp at depth: 62F
Comments: Only six of us braved the good conditions at Laguna this morning for Jan's little get together. MissyP and I swam out to the outer reef where we found several nudibranchs before. Not much luck today. Missy found two San Diego dorids together and got some great shots. I hope she will post them later. She also found a Cuthona rickettsi, but didn't get any good shots. I got a couple, but not very good.

There were lots of Blennies, octopus and the usual assortment of bass hanging out with us plus a few tiny blue ring snails, less that 1/16" inch.

Missy also found a very large lobster hiding out with a smaller Moray eel for protection. Who protects whom in that relationship? In the center of the cove we also found at least a half dozen Batrays flying away from our approach. No pics of those though.

My drysuit leaked on the first dive so I had to remove some of my undergarments between dives. During the second dive it flooded completely. Because I didn't have much insulation, I could feel it coming in through the inflator. Hopefully it's just got some sand in it. It will be hanging in my backyard for at least 24 hours though. I had a couple gallons of water inside. Brrr. We did a lot of swimming, so Missy had to stop and rest a bit. :D

We had a nice, mellow day of diving. Much better than being at work

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.