diver.net

Re: Diver's parents settle wrongful death suit with ambulance company

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AL Martorella on November 23, 2005 at 21:02:17:

In Reply to: Diver's parents settle wrongful death suit with ambulance company posted by on October 16, 2005 at 20:43:03:

Now that all the news papers and attorney's have voiced their contined lies may I please speak my peace? We had a delayed response time due to the Monterey County Com system being down and they were well aware of this as they had been phoning our calls all day except this one!!! I saw PG Oceanrescue respond to the call and I called AMR dispatch only to be told nothing was happening at the beach! 4 minutes later I was called back by dispatch by telephone to be told we needed to respond immediately from quarters to the beach we had a 3 minute response time well within our protocol. There was absolutely no heroin use that day. I wish people would get there facts straight. If you have anything else you want to know about the truth feel free to email me. The doctor that treated her diagnosed her with a brain embolism from coming up too fast from the bottom of the ocean but of course no one has published that. As far as cold water resesitation Monterey Bay is not cold water! Cold water resesitiation is for frozen lakes, rivers or any water below freezing. You can read all the literature in the world but being hands on in the field is reality. Monterey Bay at her depth 20 ft. is 55 degrees. Not cold enough to qualify for cold water resesitation. This was my 4th diver down call in the same area, same beach and no one survived due to down time. The same down as this call.
I wish people would think of the career effects that this has caused me and my family. Do not judge me I was not using drugs.
The Monterey Herald wanted a story and created one. And now there is nothing that can be done she is still dead and my 10 year career and my life on the Peninsula is ruined by peoples lies.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to