|why dive boats are struggling|
Posted by Gregg M on November 29, 2005 at 20:44:33:|
In Reply to: 2 less dive boats posted by Chris on November 29, 2005 at 20:28:52:
Why are dive boats struggling?
1. It costs more to run a dive boat, and the liability is also much greater. You don't have many fishermen getting bent or swept off in currents.
2. Dive boats don't get enough money per head to compensate for the added costs.
3. There is a much bigger population of rod and reels guys versus regulator guys.
4. Scuba diving is, except for bug divers and some hard core divers, seasonal. Add a trip to Cozumel and most divers are too spoiled to deal with the cold weather and long ride to Catalina
5. Diesel costs way too much
6. Fisherman drink more...and all day long too.
Just my opinion, but dive boats like the GE and Pac Star are a bargin compared to what you get at a resort for two measly dives.
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.