diver.net

Re: Bear Drysuits questions

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ncd on December 20, 2005 at 13:36:55:

In Reply to: Bear Drysuits questions posted by Josh.C on December 19, 2005 at 22:05:33:

I have a couple of friends who dive with BARE drysuits, and they are quite happy with them. Their prices are the best feature. These suits are easy to tear however, and so that would be the weakest feature.

My own Zeagle trilam suit has never torn, and has never cost me any maintenance over the 4 years that I have had it. The seals are finally starting to wear out however, after 4 years of use, and therefore I am having dry gloves installed now, and a new neck seal as well. The attached boots are still good, even after 4 years, and need no maintenance work done on them yet.

I don’t like DUI suits because of their fold in the middle. The Zeagles are a single piece trilam with no fold in the middle.

If you are focused on price, then BAREs are hard to beat. If you are focused on durability, then DUI or Zeagle will better. If you don’t mind the fold in the middle then DUI is probably made for you. But DUI and Zeagle are not low priced.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to