diver.net

Re: Sweet I got a Dry suit

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on December 24, 2005 at 10:10:46:

In Reply to: Sweet I got a Dry suit posted by Josh.C on December 24, 2005 at 09:45:28:

Hi Josh,

Congrats on the purchase! You're gonna love it after a few dives but probably hate it for the first half-dozen or so. You'll probably want a little more than Polartech 100. You can always add some extra polypro or capaline or something under it. REI always has it and costco sometimes has decent stuff. Avoid all cotton (especially socks & briefs) in the drysuit. Wet synthetic feels infinitely better against the skin than wet cotton and there will always be some dampness in the suit from condensation, sweat, minor leaks, etc.

I can help with your neck seal and help you learn to dive the suit if you want (I was planning to be out all Christmas weekend but the swell isn't cooperating). I'm in Torrance near corner of 190th & Hawthorne. You can contact me at the email listed above. Ignore the spam filter warning - I'll still get it.

If you decide to have a go at it yourself, the technique that I like the best is to stretch the neck seal over a bowl and trim about 1/8th - 1/4" at a time with a sharp razor blade.

Merry Christmas,
Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to