diver.net

Dive report; Marineland Christmas Dive

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on December 25, 2005 at 13:12:01:

Date: December 25th, 2005
Dive Location: Marineland
Buddy(ies): Susan(coralcuts), Claudette(HBDiveGirl), Greg(Drysuit Greg), Jeff(Evil Jeff) and Lee(LLKZ16)
Time: 9:03
Bottom Time: 1:08
Max Depth: 42'
Vis: 0-4'
Wave height: 0-1' at the cove, higher elsewhere.
Temp at depth: 56F
Comments: We gathered for a Christmas dive that I was thinking all week wouldn't happen. I've been sick and the waves have been pounding SoCal. Fortunately we were spared Nature's wrath today and actually had pleasant entry and exits. Susan and I even exited in front of the cave and didn't fall down! Because of the waves all week and the surge today vis was very poor, but we still had an enjoyable dive. I never turned my camera on, although we found a few nudis and some lobsters tucked deep into their cave. Everyone who entered the water made it out safe, and those who were already in the water remained safe for another day. After the dive, Susan brought out the goodies. She baked brownies and krumkakas just for us, well, maybe her family got some first, but it was always nice having Susan there in her role as the holder of the treats.
Jeff, Greg and Claudette joined me for a walk in the park after packing away gear. We enjoyed another pleasant Marineland adventure. It was a great way to spend Christmas. Diving, friends and nobody had family with them. :)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to