diver.net

Dive report; Pipe Farm/Test Dive

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on January 14, 2006 at 13:17:58:

Date: January 14, 2006
Dive Location: Pipe Farm
Buddy(ies): Ross-O
Time: 10:22
Bottom Time: :30
Max Depth: 130'
Vis: 6-8'
Wave height: 1'
Temp at depth: 58F
Surface Temp: 58F
Comments: This was my first dive since Christmas. Three weeks out of the water makes Phil an unhappy boy! It was also a test dive of sorts. I removed the P-valve hose from my drysuit and filled the plug with Aquaseal. That seemed to help. I got a little damp, but no standing water in my left boot this dive. I still need to replace my neckseal. I also replaced the switch in my HID light yesterday. I couldn't find the right size switch, so I installed a slightly smaller one. The light burned the entire dive and didn't get a drop of water inside. That was a huge relief. At 130' the buttons on my housing still stick, so no pictures today. They probably wouldn't have been nice anyway. The blue water at the surface gave way to dirty water below 80 feet. If it weren't for the patch of squid eggs and giant metridiums all over the pipes we may not have seen them at all. At least nothing leaked. And I didn't find a thermocline, so it felt fine at the bottom. When I surfaced at the swim step I was greeted by dolphins. Beth-O, who was our surface support today told me they were all around the boat the entire time we were down. It was great to be back in the water, but whatever happened to the cold, clear water we usually get in the Winter in SoCal? :(

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to