Buddy(ies): HilaryRN71
Time: 10:20
Bottom Time: :26
Max Depth: 134'
Vis: 50' or more!!!
Wave height: Boat, so we don't care.
Temp at depth: 52F
Surface Temp: 58F
Comments: Now that was a fun dive! I always enjoy showing my buddies the sites I love to dive. My favorites offshore dive is the Caissons.

http://ub88.org/thecaissons.html

http://diver.net/ross/Caissons/caissons.htm

My friend Marc took us out there this morning. He decided to act as surface support and skip the first dive. Big mistake. We had some of the best conditions I've seen there in a long time. We dropped right down to the opening of the broken third section. I checked the anchor, then we headed up to the top of the wall. The entire structure is covered with scallops, corynactis anemones in every shade possible and large metridiums. We decided to make one lap around the structure before heading up. Hilary spotted a large Copper rockfish cruising below us. A school of baitfish covered most of the surface. As we neared the all-too-soon end of our bottom time I was going to move the anchor, but the chain was next to a large Cabezon guarding his eggs, so I left it alone. We made a slow ascent and hung out watching for anything that might float by. Ony a small salp came to visit.
We headed to the Fog wreck for a second dive, but the water there was dirty. We found sand at 99 feet in about six feet vis, but no wreck. Disappointing, but it still couldn't spoil the great dive we had made earlier. Hilary now has experienced something that most SoCal divers will never see, and will soon have a coin as a momento. She bought two of the Santa Monica Breakwall tokens from Ebay that are featured in the UB88 link.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to