diver.net

Re: Drysuit Questions... DUI vs. Diving Concepts?

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on January 28, 2006 at 18:12:28:

In Reply to: Drysuit Questions... DUI vs. Diving Concepts? posted by TomR on January 28, 2006 at 17:41:55:

Both are well constructed, offer good but not excellent customer service, and I have found no appreciable difference between them in fit, quality, or function. I know people who own both and love each for different reasons. I know people who have the zip seals. Some like them, some don't. Figure out which one works for you and buy it.

This is a Ford versus Chevy question, the likes of which the car gays argued ad nauseum in high school. People responding to which one is best do so out of a sense of self-justification. No one who invests that kind of money in equipment is going to admit that they have not purchased the best. Your gear choice should not be a popularity contest among those who may or may not do the same kind of diving you do. This board is riddled with similar questions, the most recent being the BARE/DUI, back plate versus b.c., and so on.

I think these questions have merit when you ask "does anyone have an absolutely terrible experience with x and why?" Which will set off a chain of defenders and detractors.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to