Dive Location: Redondo Canyon
Buddy(ies): HBBirfdayGirl
Time: 5:50
Bottom Time: 1:00
Max Depth: 74'
Vis: 10-15' in places
Wave height: 1-4'
Temp at depth: 54F
Comments: As the Sun set on Claudette's #*th year we entered the water about one minute too soon. The large set of waves wasn't quite finished, but no divers were harmed in the making of this dive report. We made a shorter than usual surface swim, just for Claudette's Birthday. :) We dropped down a short distance away from the Monument, where we planted some fiberglass coral I "found" on the Marineland property. I was hoping to get a picture of an octopus checking out some Brain coral, but they were shy tonight.
We meandered along, finding a squid here, a squid there, two more there, a couple dozen total. For some reason, the usual cast of characters were nowhere to be seen tonight. We didn't find any octopus in the sand, only a few small Batrays, no lobsters and we didn't find any Sheepcrabs until the last few minutes of ther dive.
We did have a great time playing with the Pipefish, squid, Fringeheads and the shrimp. Claudette and I were in team mode tonight. We must have been, because we both thumbed the dive at the same time. All in all, it was a great dive with great company. We debriefed at Hennesey's and I finally got to meet her son Jacques. Once again, Happy Birthday. Killer! :)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to