Buddy(ies): Solo
Time: 10:45
Bottom Time: 1:28
Max Depth: 67'
Vis: 0-4'
Wave height: 3-6'
Temp at depth: 55F
Surface Temp: 56F
Comments: New rule. If the waves are higher than the visibility, go for a walk instead. I had a vacation day from work so I slept in, then headed over to Marineland. I had the whole place to myself today.

The waves at the point looked pretty bad. So did the ones in the cove, but I figured I could handle them. I had an uneventful entry and surface swam all the way to the point. I neared the sand at 67' and could barely see it. I managed to find the usual cast of characters, including an egg-laying Cuthona divae nudi but the surge and poor vis made my photographic efforts look like a Kindergartener's crayon drawing. I slowly made my way back to the cove, finding quite a few lobsters walking around. I didn't see any of their big brothers though. The surf had picked up even more by the time I made it back to the cove. I floated behind the surf zone and at the first sign of a lull I ran as fast as I could on the uneven boulders in the surf zone. One last wave gave me a ride onto dry land. Thank you very much!
Poor vis, surge, surf entry/exit over boulders...still beats being at work today.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to