diver.net

Re: Yes, it's spelled F - A - T F - R - A - N - K

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Babblefish on February 16, 2006 at 18:14:55:

In Reply to: CAN ANYONE SPELL BULLSH*T? nt posted by Alex on February 16, 2006 at 06:44:24:

Frank is right in his letter to you. Only he and God know for sure he's lying and he knows no one else can prove it. Ask yourself a question; would you want to conduct business with a company that has a shady character like this working for them? Shooting seals on the docks and dropping the gun in the water? Lying to newspapers about damage done to docks probably for insurance reasons? Putting no parking signs on cars? Yelling at dive boat captains and crews in front of their customers for no reason than to intimidate? Incidents many of you may not remember include the flattening the tires of 4 tires on 2 cars owned by divers that were unloading gear while at the same time a fishing trade show was setting up in the same parking lot. The deliberate blocking of loading zones with empty employee trucks so that dive boat customers have to park across the street and haul their gear to the boats from there. You should have heard the short Japanese guy and Frank chuckling about that one when divers ask to have the trucks moved. "Hey those pickups have to unload too" they told the divers.
That landing has a very checkered past in it’s relation to divers, dive boat captains and the boat owners.
I've been in their fishing office a lot when the dive shop used to be there in the same building. I’d pop in while waiting for the twilight fishing trip to board. Many times while in there I’d also run next door. There was another diver who worked in that dive shop. I know he reads this web site. He too would hear Frank make numerous and regular comments about how much he hates dive boats and divers because they do not like to fish. We used to talk about it in the dive shop way back then. Frank, divers do fish. Not all divers, but many. You need to get that through your thick skull. Divers can be good for your business.
Back then, Frank told boats that want to locate at their landing that the dive boats there now are being eliminated for the more lucrative sport fishing boats. Check back with them in a month or two. They should have have room for them soon. In their shop among his employees he would regularly say disparaging and un-ethical things about many dive boat owners and their captains. Most of these comments could have been considered a business threat to the dive boat owners, captains and their customers. In seeing this I would find it hard to believe that Frank didn't put the signs on cars himself, or at the very least knows someone at the landing that did it with his full knowledge and approval. Frank has always bragged to others how he runs the landing and how he demands to have control over every landing business nuance available to him. I think his way of conducting business at the landing for the people who own it crosses the line into racketeering if you were to believe everything he says he has done and will do if necessary.
If I still lived in that part of California, I would never support such a business like that landing as a fishing boat or restaurant customer. I think the ideas to boycott them is the most appropriate as well as sending them email and letters letting the owners know why you are not returning. I would even find out the phone numbers of the owner group and call them.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to