diver.net

Re: Dry Suits

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tunnel Rat Richard on February 20, 2006 at 10:53:17:

In Reply to: Dry Suits posted by Cynde on February 20, 2006 at 08:32:48:

Custom-fit 2-mm crushed-neoprene Diving Concepts drysuits (the original design of a U.K. company called Northern Diver) are twice the quality at half the price of DUI. For example, individually-rivetted zipper teeth on a Diving Concepts suit means that if you break a tooth you only have to replace one tooth, at minimal cost, instead of the entire zipper, costing at least $800, on a DUI suit. In addition, get "roll-under" neoprene neck AND wrist seals-- way more comfortable than latex and you won't have to worry about seals tearing at all. I like self-donning suits (i.e., over-the-shoulder front zipper) for ease of putting on/taking off. My first Northern/Diver/Diving Concepts drysuit (originally bright red, now faded red-orange) has lasted over 8 years and is still in great shape. Last year I bought a new Diving Concepts drysuit, only because my first suit over the years has grown a little tight around the tummy section. (Dang, I think the thing shrunk on me!)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to