diver.net

Re: Re: Jacket-B/C vs back-inflation-B/C vs backplate-wing/STA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh.C on February 25, 2006 at 19:19:29:

In Reply to: Re: Jacket-B/C vs back-inflation-B/C vs backplate-wing/STA posted by radinator on February 24, 2006 at 13:26:49:

I like My DiveRite BP/W rig.

I made it out of a TransPac2 I used the TransPac Harness added a weist webbing and the heavy stainless back plate 6.lbs negitive.

The reason I did this is because the harness has quick release clips on the shoulder webbing.
The new harness DiveRite just came out with in the last year or so now has this so you don't have to make one like I did.

Also I have two 2.lbs bullet weights on the weist webbing to get it even heavier. So with this setup I dive a steel 95 with a Travel wing(DiveRite) and I'm just bouyant at the surface with my weight belt of 6.lbs this is realy light for me top side and is plenty in the water.
I still have some ditch weight too just in case.

The only thing is I have to kick down at first but once I get past about 15 feet I get heavy really fast and need to give the wing a blast.

Somthing to think about, I really like DiveRite products I think they are of really good quality and is perfect for the new diver all the way up to the techi.

I would go to a dive supply and see if you could try this rig in the pool most also have other BP/W setups too.

You may hate it and stick with the BC. I still LOVE my seaquest pro-QD jacket style BC.

Happy Shopping:)
Josh.C

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to