Dive Location: Marineland
Buddy(ies): Solo
Time: 9:11 and 9:54
Bottom Time: :43 and 1:03
Max Depth: 43' and 67'
Vis: 12' and 15'
Wave height: 1-2'
Temp at depth: 53F
Comments: Yesterday was not a great day for diving Marineland. The waves were up and the water was muddy. It was much nicer today. We had a crowd of the usual suspects show up for Sunday Service. It seems that when there's food and beverages involved, the crowds get bigger. :)
The waves at the point were not big, but just enough to make everyone enter at the cove. I walked in and made the long surface swim to the point. I saw the usual assortment of nudibranchs, octopus and lobsters, then decided to head out over the sand in search of Mantis shrimp. I didn't find any, but Claudette and Frank hit the Mantis jackpot. I can't wait to see Frank's pictures. I swam along the sandy bottom until I was low on air. Thinking I hadn't reached the cobble beach yet, I expected to look Northeast and see the cove. Instead, I saw Portugese Point. I had another long surface swim back to Marineland.
For my second dive I entered from the point, where the waves had calmed down to less than a foot. I found a MarcFarland's chromodorid just after my batteries died, but I did manage to get in a few pictures today.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to