diver.net

Help with Hoop Netters

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy S on March 09, 2006 at 19:20:10:

I went to the Fred Hall fishing show last week in Long Beach and after seeing the hoop nets and lobsters displayed, I realized I’d overlooked hoop netters in our effort to release big bugs. So today I got in touch with a nice fellow at Promar® nets http://www.promarnets.com/ in Torrance. They are a subsidiary of American Maple Inc and make most of the hoop nets that are sold in S. California tackle shops as well as a host of other fishing nets/products. While he clearly could not give me his customer list, he was willing to send out “Let ‘em live” lobster posters to his bigger customers and ask them to consider displaying it in their stores. I mailed him a bunch of posters. This fellow in fact said he personally releases bugs more than 5 or so lbs so I thanked him doubly.

This got me to thinking that if anyone out there knows of tackle or other stores that so a business in hoop nets for lobsters, I’d like to have the names and addresses so I can include them in my mailing before next lobster season. You can just email that information to me. I looked around on the web and couldn’t find anything like a local or S. Cal group “hoop net fisherman’s” association to get in touch with so if anyone knows of a good contact or has a good idea how to get the word to this community, let me know.

Thanks

And for those who are not familiar with this campaign, a here is last year’s poster child (I can only hope this shows up a reasonable size).

Next years’ photo has already been chosen and features a lady whose identity will remain a secret till then.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to