diver.net

Re: Seattle Diving

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on March 12, 2006 at 09:58:06:

In Reply to: Seattle Diving posted by Captain Kevin on March 11, 2006 at 21:56:26:

Kevin,

There are quite a few good shops in the area, so it really depends on where you'll be staying and how far you want to travel. I arranged a trip out to the San Juan Islands with Fifth Dimenson in Issaquah (south of Seattle) and it was a good boat, although we didn't get much diving because we had to rescue divers from another boat that sank :-(

I've also rented gear from Lighthouse Scuba stores in Lynwood and Tacoma, and the Underwater Sports chain (various locations) without any problems.

Depending on how much time you have, I would also recommend doing some shore dives as they can be excellent. My favorite sites include Edmonds Underwater Park (this is a preserve, so there are many, many HUGE fish), Alki Beach (big six gills congregate here at certain times of the year) and Tacoma (saw a spotted ratfish).

If you can travel a little further, Hoodsport on the Hood Canal is another good location (about 90 minutes drive from Seattle). Hood Sport 'n' Dive is a great shop and will give you all the info you need.

Here's a link to a good NW diving resources: http://www.nwdivenews.com/

Have fun!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to