diver.net

Final, Final Remarks On This Matter

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DougD on March 21, 2006 at 17:43:06:

In Reply to: Re: So Much for Free and Open Forums posted by LP on March 21, 2006 at 14:36:17:

I can't remember the specifics of how my feud with Sergio actually began, but it came to a head some time almost a year ago, or maybe even more than a year ago, when the topic of illegal immigration and the open border issue was being discussed on his board. I asked him what his thoughts were and he immediately called me a white supremist nazi,and assumed that, since he is hispanic, that I assumed he was all for it. That was not the case, because I know a lot of latino's that are, in fact against illegal immigration. So when I asked him what he thought it was a simple question to gauge his response.

In a private e-mail (which unfortunately I no longer have a copy of) I related to him that my wife and half my family are
hispanic, my child is half-latino, and the I have plenty of first hand experience with racism, prejudice, and the overall exploitation of illegal immigrants. In fact, I have a certain distaste for anyone who hires and exploits illegal immigrants at low wages and no benefits. I am not against immigration, but I do hate the system that brings them here and basically uses them as slaves. My feeling is that anyone who hires illegal aliens should be put in jail and fined, whether it's to work in your factory, nursery, or to mow your lawn.

Dubick, btw, is a jewish name. My great-grandfather was a jewish immigrant from Lithuania, and it is probable that a good number of my distant relatives died in Nazi consentration camps, so for Sergio to call me a white supremist Nazi...Well, I'm sure you can see how that might tick me off, even though I was raised Catholic (Great Grandma, also an immigrant from Europe, was a Roman Catholic). Also, I belonged to Sigma Alpha Mu, a national jewish fraternity. With a background like mine I think anyone would be hard pressed to call me a racist or bigot.

I told Sergio he owed me an apology for calling me a white supremist nazi, but an apology never came, and he pretty much has ignored me until this week when he called me a NAZI again.

Sergio, has a serious chip on his shoulder, and likes to label people racist. In my opinion HE is the bigot, and still owes me an apology that I never expect to get.

Being banned from his BBS doesn't bother me too much, because let's face it, it's pretty much dead if MHK isn't there to make it interesting. It's pretty much nothing more than Sergio's private mutal admiration society.

Chris G. I apologize for bringing this onto your board but from what I hear Sergio is making accusations over there and I want to put any doubt (LP, whoever you are) about who I am to rest. Not a racist, not a bigot, and not somebody that will back down unless I am truely in the wrong and know it.

If America truely needs all of these workers then they should be brought here legally, paid fair wages, be provided all the benefits of citizenship, pay their fair share of taxes, and be given the respect that a decent working class of people deserve.

If anybody still needs clarification on my position or Sergio's lies, please contact me by e-mail (take the spam out), because I have no further intention of discussing the matter here.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to