diver.net

Re: Re: 22nd Street Landing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Capt Ray L Arntz on March 22, 2006 at 19:37:19:

In Reply to: Re: 22nd Street Landing posted by Jerry on March 22, 2006 at 16:52:53:

Although I am not directly involved in this issue, it is of extreme importance to the Socal Dive Community. This Landing (22nd Street), it's local management (AKA "Fat Frank", it's remote management (Dana Landing in San Diego), the resturant management and the fishing vessel owners involved have been consistantly "anti-diveboat". Although I have not been in the middle of this fray, I have consistantly heard from Frank and the other fishing boat owners and operators about how they are going to "Put the dive boats out of business". The agenda is clear. They will lie, cheat, mis-inform, harass, and otherwise employe any adjenda or device that will further their cause.

If you have been abused, intimidated (keeping in mind that the management of the landing and of the resturant probably does not have the right to tow your vehicle) or otherwise negatively impacted by this landing it would absolutely be in your best interest and the best interest of the Southern California dive industry to let the President of the Southern California Dive Boat Association, Jerry Lewis, know of your experience. Every negative involvement with the 22nd Street Landing Management will be of assistance in making sure that we will have a voice in the future developement in San Pedro and may well be insrumental in insuring that we all have landings and vessels available as the 21st century develops.

Ray

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.