diver.net

Chamber Challenge - Variation of MHK proposal with MATCHING contribution

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I_AM on March 24, 2006 at 14:05:52:

MHK,
maybe a variation to your original idea could be to have a "Chamber Class Day" (pick a day between now and 5/3) during which day all participating Instructors donate the "proportional" income to the chamber .... if an OW class makes you $99 and runs over 5 days ... then you donate $19.8 ..... multiply this for 300x6 (as per your example) and still you get a nice @23,760.

Now, you could promote the same concept to the students - to match the donation made by their instructor .... any class given in that specific "Chamber Class Day" has an "optional" cost of $19.8 (a letter could be given to the student in which the student will be "encouraged" to donate $19.8 - to match the Instructor's donation - directly to the chamber - or the instructor could collect the money from the student and then process the donation himself on behalf of the student).

So, using again your numbers you get an additional @23,760 for a potential total of $47,520!!!!

Maybe not the big number you are shooting for, but certainly much more affordable for instructors / and students

Why don't we just pick a date - like Sat. 4/29 and declare it the "Chamber Class Day" (or something like that ...) and then we could heavily promote it to the instructors / students?

Myself I am planning to take a Search and Rescue class on 4/29 and I am looking for to match my instructor's donation.

AM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.