diver.net

Don't look gift sea horses in the mouth

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on March 31, 2006 at 09:03:51:

In Reply to: Re: I can't help but respond to this one posted by gregg M on March 31, 2006 at 00:41:03:

I would not take a Wednesday off from work in early May to go diving if it were not for Chamber Day. That the Captains volunteer their boats and crew is truly admirable - many kudos for their generosity. Its a way for the dive community to work together - boats and passengers. One without the other would not be a success for the Chamber. Don't waste your time looking for ulterior motives - just participate.

That others have come up with some innovative ways to encourage or generate more donations is fantastic. The money they'll generate is well spent and benefits our community. MHK is correct in that the day is a comparative bargain for divers and is priced below market. But the price is the price - something for the Captains to set with the Committee and subject to economic laws, tempered with goodwill.

For those on boats, please remember to be extra generous with your crew tips this day. And plan to spend a few bucks buying a sweatshirt or gift while at the Chamber.

I hope my trips to the Chamber will only be as a visitor on the first Wed of May and I'm happy to donate to it so that its there for someone who needs it - don't care who they are or why they got there. Yes, I'll have a good time - everyone seems to be relaxed and just there for fun that day - crew and divers.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to