diver.net

what I was trying to say

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg M on March 31, 2006 at 09:42:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't help but respond to this one posted by Kendall raine on March 31, 2006 at 09:16:25:

I was not aware of the matrix of funding. I looked it up this AM and see the chamber needs to raise $60,000.00 in donations to float. I would be interested in seeing he percentage made up by dive boat owners.

I responded to a post attacking one of the dive boat owners. Dive boat owners work hard and make very little money for their efforts and I did not like someone attacking one of them for not being in chamber day. I personally would like to see a surcharge put on divers who dive boats in Catalina waters to pay for the chamber, thus spreading out the burden and insuring financing, but it would be hard to manage.

I'd like to hear how Tim or Ray feel about this. I am not Rush Limbaugh trying to turn my back on community activity, etc. I just would like to see dive boat captains make a little money. You can run a financial model on a dive boat business and see these guys make around $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 a year...not a lot of money for the cash they have invested and the liability they take.

That is what I was trying to express.

I think Captains are underpaid for the service we get, and for one to attack one made me a little pissed.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to