diver.net

Our records

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on March 31, 2006 at 13:47:26:

In Reply to: Re: Ken Peters & the Sand Dollar donated nothing last year posted by kp on March 31, 2006 at 12:29:50:

Much as I enjoy having my integrity & honesty questioned by sockpuppets who aren't willing to come out into the light of day (no good deed goes unpunished). If you'd like to accuse me of stealing money, why not have the guts to come to my store and do it to my face?

KP posted: "Ask him what he did with check to Reef Seekers/Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber."

I have no record in our point-of-sale system of such a check in 2005 under the names of either Ken Peters or Sand Dollar or Diving Charters, Inc. Doesn't mean we couldn't have screwed it up, but I can't find it. I also have no hand-written entry (which would have been done when the pledge was made) in our logbook for the event.

I've checked with Karl and he has no record either, which would be the case if the check was deposited directly by the Chamber.

If someone can forward to me a copy of said canceled check, I'd be more than happy to set the record straight, both in our books and publicly here on this BBS.

I do show records from 2001 and 2002 of $150 donations (each) that were deposited through Reef Seekers. And Karl has records of the same for 2003 and 2004 when the check was deposited directly by the Chamber.

KP adds: "He turns down the offer to do it on an alternate day, too."

The offer I turn down is one that can't be accepted since the offer has been to do it the week after event. The event itself is more than just the diving and the Chamber tour. There are raffles and a merchandise table at the Chamber. Helicopters are flown in. Baywatch is stationed to provide information. Chamber volunteers are on hand to conduct the tour and pressurize the Chamber. There's a dockmaster on duty to deal with boat traffic.

It's difficult to include anyone in an event that's already over. It's also an awful lot of work to gear everything back up for one boat and much as we'd love to have the Sand Dollar participate on the scheduled date, if they can't, then they can't.

Now that we've beaten this one to death maybe we can move on to other things. (Perhaps an impossible dream, but then again, I keep hoping for world peace and an end to global warming too.)

Ken Kurtis
Chairman, Chamber Day/Eve 2006

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to