Dive Location: Marineland
Buddy(ies): Evil Jeff and HBDiveChicaBabeSpotDetteGirl
Time: 12:12
Bottom Time: 1:06
Max Depth: 65'
Vis: 25'+
Wave height: 1-2'
Temp at depth: 55F
Comments: After sleeping in from a late night at the Cabrillo Beach Grunion Run, Claudette called me and said to get over to Marineland. I'm so glad she did. The vis was so nice that we could still see the bottom before dropping down into 42 feet off the Point. As usual, there was so much to see that we stayed too long at depth. I got some shots of one nudi I had only seen once before, Atagema alba, and one that I had seen a few times but never when I had a camera with fresh batteries, Flabellina trilineata. Claudette pestered a Sheepcrab while I laughed. It was so nice to have great vis again that there will be a large group there tomorrow. DiveVets will hold our usual Sunday Service and we will be joined by the Sandeaters. If conditions are anything like today, there will be a lot of dive reports tomorrow.

On my favorite wall, I found a tube anemone of some kind. The tentacles look like a centipede. Anyone have an idea what this is?

This is the first Flabellina trilineata I have taken a picture of.

When I downloaded my images from today I noticed a very tiny one between these mating Hudson's dorids.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to