diver.net

I am so ready to go ab diving!

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on April 06, 2006 at 21:39:36:

I haven't been in the water up here for a very long time. Work in the Spud Point Marina doesn't count.
Not that I haven't been diving, I've had some great dives down south, but I am really homesick for my ocean up here. You Southerners just wouldn't understand, it's different up here. I miss the freezing water and the burn around the face. I want to see hundreds of abs again. I want to take my Nikonos with me and show everyone what I'm talking about. I miss the trees and the redwoods on the way, the smell of the forest in the morning.
I like the remoteness and lack of people and traffic. I love the still peaceful early mornings when the fog lays the water down to glass.
I e-mailed seahunt a pic I found of the old salty walrus named Mike Stuart that was the one who took me ab diving for the first time years ago. He was a typical North Coast diver, tougher than nails, the ocean made him that way. He's in his 60's now and still ab dives when nobody in their right mind should be out there. He's just as ornery as ever with that white mustach and skin like leather.

Well, I'm going to go through my gear now and make sure everything is good to go. I'll let all of you know how good that first bite of abalone was after 2 years of not going.

Eric

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.