diver.net

Re: Re: DIR? or DIW?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on April 28, 2006 at 20:06:56:

In Reply to: Re: DIR? or DIW? posted by Tribes on April 28, 2006 at 08:44:44:

Jim,

I find your comments simply curious, unbelievable and anything but credible. Your shop fully embraced the DIR-F program, and the DIR movement for a long time. Moreover, as I understand it, you have had, and continue to embrace, instructors that desire to teach the program, or are on the path to teach the DIR-F program. Your opportunistic musings are a matter of public record so to the extent you wish to continue any dialogue my only request of you is that you do so under your own name, and not resort to your previous habit of enlisting the sock puppet contingency.

With that premise in mind, your hypocrisy is beyond belief.

NOTHING within the DIR-F program is designed to "market Halcyon gear". I'm aware at some point you've had some familiarity with a version of the current DIR-F program. If YOU chose to use the class to sell Halcyon gear from your shop for your own monetary gain, then you did so for your own self-serving reasons. Furthermore you clearly did, and made, and made a lot of money for yourself as a result. Therefore, if YOU chose to use the class as a marketing program you did so of your own volition. NOWHERE within the confines of the program is there a directive or desire to sell Halcyon gear. For certain, shops such as yourself may avail themselves of the natural sales opportunities for self-serving motives, but to do so, and make the money and then post to public forums such nonsense speaks to your hypocritical and self-serving nature.

Since you raised the issue, and presumptively assume to have specific knowledge about the current DIR-F program, I would like to ask you publicly and SPECIFICALLY, what part of the DIR-F program is aimed at selling Halcyon equipment. I'm not talking about your imaginations; your dreams; or your fantasies, but I'm talking about SPECIFICS. Please identify if you have ever taken the class, and if so, what SPECIFIC part of the class was aimed at selling Halcyon gear, and which instructor attempted to sell Halcyon gear. I've taught more DIR-F classes then any other current GUE instructor, and with the exception of a former GUE instructor { AG }, I've taught more GUE classes then anyone else in the world and I haven't sold one single piece of Halcyon equipment, so I must have missed your entire premise.

Given our history, I recognize that you are skilled at misdirection, so I am asking you for SPECIFICS.

Thank you for your time

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.