diver.net

Garibaldi Paint Colors - what I brought home

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on April 29, 2006 at 21:12:36:

Painting the Walls in Garibaldi Paint Colors

Using the wisdom gained from the previous post, I went to Home Depot. I told the guy at the paint counter that I needed PMS 173 He looked at me with a blank stare - he didn't know what to say. I explained that it was a Pantone color. He told me that they don't carry Pantone. I read off my RGB numbers. I got another blank stare. Then I showed him a photo of a Garibaldi and told him that I was trying to match it. The first thing he asked was "which orange in the fish is it you want to match:? I picked the same general area that I did the RGB/Pantone analysis from. He pulled about 5 books of paint cards from under the counter and flipped to the oranges. It took less than 5 minutes to pick out a close match using the eyeball method. I brought home a quart of paint matched to Sherwin Williams Cayenne, the other close match was Sherwin Williams Raucous Orange - which measures out at a PMS 173. I wish I would have asked for help earlier today because I would have gotten a lot more done. Thanks so much!

Sherwin Williams Cayenne SW 6881
Pantone PMS 173
Sherwin Williams Raucous Orange SW 6883

I have been out of the water for three weeks and I'm painting the walls in "Garibaldi". Fortunately, I have a dive trip next weekend - because the bathroom that needs paint is starting to remind me of a kelp forest. Staying out of the water can do really strange things..

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to