diver.net

Da LABUGMAN been a hunting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on April 30, 2006 at 19:13:54:

Mike....Yesterday while diving at a well know secret spot I happened upon a school of 6 large white sea bass milling about in the kelp. I dropped down from the surface as smoothly as I could and started to glide down towards them. They sensed me
approaching and stated to meander away slowly. I picked up the pace with a couple of stronger kicks
knowing they would swim away from me shortly if I didn't. Instinctively I knew it was now or never...I let a long shot
go. The fish started to swim in tight circles and I new I had hit it good. Then the fish swam off into the haze. I expected
to see my float line follow but it didn't. I looked and saw my
shaft lying on the bottom. Although the tip had come out, I new from the movement of the fish that I had hit it in the spine. I
reloaded my gun and began a search grid to find the fish. They don't go far in that condition. Ten minutes later there it was,
lying on the bottom. I approached it with my gun pointed but decided it was "out of it" so I let go of the gun, grabbed it
with my hands and brought it to the surface. Later I could see that the tip had embedded in it's spine and pulled
straight out without toggling. But I got the fish ( 51 lbs) and the pictures.......... Take care...Mel

seahunt Diving For The Fun Of It

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.