diver.net

NO Brainer.....

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on May 08, 2006 at 22:28:34:

In Reply to: Proof of Proficiency for Boaters posted by on May 08, 2006 at 00:45:48:

It's about time! Compulsory proficiency has been mandatory in Canada for sometime and I'm all for it. The differance between a fender bender on P.C.H., and one on the San Pedro Channel is about 2,ooo feet of "QuickSand" (bluewater) that will RAPIDLY swallow You, Your coolest stuff, Your best friends, and Your loved ones! 'The Log' comes out every 7 days, and it never ceases to amaze me all the 'accidents' EVERY week. My dock buddies and I like to joke about newbies that say, "well, the guy at the Boatshow didn't tell me about THAT..." as we watch the "Yahoo" bounce off the neighbors hulls, SCAREY!!... Firearms, Cars, and Boats, you GOTTA be taught the ABC's, I don't like more Gov'ment either, but some stuff has to be enforced (and I like education as much or even more!!) I could tell you stories of stupid boater tricks by 'some' on THIS board, you'd be surprised.... and Wayne, I think he meant the "Idiots", not the regular Joes...

Always Lurking and Learning, Don

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.