Dive Location: Marineland
Buddy(ies): Merry
Time: 9:21
Bottom Time: 32
Max Depth: 50'
Vis: 8'
Wave height: 0-1'
Temp at depth: 54F
Comments: I wanted to finish off a tank I used Saturday by looking for the unidentified fish I found last week and again yesterday. The dive was a success, as was the post-dive breakfast put on by DiveVets. The only downer of the day was two spearfishermen giving divers a bad name. They cleaned a Lingcod at the trailhead to beach, then mounted the carcass onto the post as if it was a shrunken head for all to see. I asked them if they planned to take it back to the water and the driver said no and asked if I wanted them to. I told him I would appreciate it. He walked it about ten feet and tossed it into the ivy next to the trail. After a few choice expletives, I got the dead fish and was planning to throw it into his car, but he had jumped in and sped away. I took it down to the point and threw it into the water where it will be consumed. Jerks like that ruin a nice day at the beach.
I did manage to get a few pics of the fish. It's a burrowing critter, but it doesn't breathe like an eel and doesn't have the eyes or markings of a Plainfin Midshipman.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to