diver.net

Yes, and no

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on June 03, 2006 at 21:40:11:

In Reply to: Good article on photo pricing, here's the one I really wanted to find posted by Roger on June 03, 2006 at 21:11:59:

I took a photojournalism class for the heck of it about three years ago. What I learned, basically, is that the ASMP is first and foremost a creation and a manifestation of a very strong "Good Ol' Boys Club". One of the things that I walked away from that class with was a much more realistic view of the world. How come you rarely see underwater photographs in newspapers - part of the reason is that the "good ol boys" think that they should be the ones to do them, it doesn't matter if they have no more than 10 sucba dives to their name. My introduction to the ASMP was extremely negative. I could go on a long tirade on this one and I don't know if I can sum it up in one paragraph so I won't try any harder.

That said. They guy in the article spends too much time whining. They got an expense paid trip to the Olympics and was paid while he was there. They wouldn't have been there to take any of those photos if someone else had not been footing the bill. Every day that I go to work and don't screw up I save the company thousands of dollars - so what!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to